"the clue" to understanding Italy & our Greco-Roman Heritage
The greatest Greek temples and theatres, the finest Roman mosaics, World Heritage baroque palaces, ancient stone hilltop villages, the matchless Arabic-Byzantine gold of Monreale, gardens by the blue, blue sea, and absolutely great cooking.
Sicily is also the land of myth and history, monsters and heroes, including Cyclops, Ulysses, Aeneas, Sappho, Empedocles, Theocritus, Archimedes, Cicero, Santa Lucia, Frederick II, Bellini, Garibaldi, Pirandello, Falcone, Al Pacino, and Inspector Montalbano.
As Goethe said, "To have seen Italy without without having seen Sicily is to not have seen Italy at all, for Sicily is the clue to everything."
SICILY TOUR is a small cultural exchange company, specializing in intelligent and insightful visits to Sicily and Italy.
With over twenty years of experience, and living in the ancient heart of Siracusa, Sicily's most historic city, we are the experts . . . or we know who is.
Douglas Kenning Stephen Davies Lucia Davies and associates
Your Sicily Hosts and Storytellers
Our popular itineraries include:
• Small Group Tours: our 11-day Highlights of Sicily tour offered monthly (see "Small Group Itineraries"), minimum size 6 persons, maximum 16 (ave. size 9).
upcoming "HIGHLIGHTS OF SICILY TOUR"s:
2014: March 14~24, April 24~May 4, May 16~26 (incl. Greek Theatre performance) [FULL] June 12~22 (incl Greek Theatre Performance), July 10~20, August (if you're a group of 6 or more and are tough enough for Sicily in August, contact us), September 12~22, September 26~October 6 October 10~20, November 4~14.
• Customized Tours: personalized tours for couples and groups of family and friends, tailored for your special interests or timetable.
• Culinary & Cultural tours: Sicilian cooking classes, festivals (including Sicilian Easter), farm and winery tours, chefs and cuisine.
• Italy: Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples, Puglia, and our favorite back roads to historic treasures.
• Mediterranean Forays: periodic trips to Greece, Jerusalem, Tunisia, and beyond (see "small group tours" for upcoming schedule).
Carnivale parade in the eastern Sicily town of Acireale